Re: newbie thread programming

From: Christopher Benson-Manica (ataru_at_nospam.cyberspace.org)
Date: 12/18/03

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 01:15:43 +0000 (UTC)

Bo Sun <b0s6067@cs.tamu.edu> spoke thus:

> Suppose I have a C language program which is about thread programming.

As stated, there are groups where such programs are appropriate. This
isn't one of them.

> 2) I want to run the same program using microsoft VC++. how can I modify
> it? for example, thread.h cannot be found..

It won't be at all the same - your program relies on a number of
Unix-specific system calls which will be unavailable using Microsoft's
products. Use Google before you harass the people on
comp.os-windows.programmer.* or, better yet, purchase some books.

--
Christopher Benson-Manica  | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
ataru(at)cyberspace.org    | don't, I need to know.  Flames welcome.