Re: what about this new way of opening file

From: Bruno Desthuilliers (bdesth.tagada_at_tsoin-tsoin.free.fr)
Date: 12/22/03

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:24:20 +0100

David M. Wilson wrote:
> "Madhur" <a_madhur@vsnl.net> wrote...
>

>>what about this nice way to open a file in single line rather than using
>>if and else.
>

>>if the file exists condition to right of OR will not be executed and if it
>>doesnt exists it returns 0 and cause the second
>>condition to be executed. printf always returns nonzero on success.
>

> Hi there,
>
> This is indeed a neat little trick.

Not even.

Relevant Pages

  • The Washington scandal that wasnt
    ... agent Valerie Plame. ... one Joseph Wilson that accused the president of twisting intelligence. ... So demanded David Corn of The Nation magazine. ... Armitage -- and that Patrick Fitzgerald has known this truth for close ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: hiddenagenduss
    ... | "Justice" doesn't just mean due legal process, David. ... |> assume you are a recent immigrant trying to make your way in this country. ... |> That is a great thing, I applaud your initiative and wish you success. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Making a random string
    ... microscopic scale, you should be writing in C. ... I don't think the distinction is between success and failure, ... David A. Black / Ruby Power and Light, ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: History not kept
    ... "David G. Wilson" wrote in message ... > The history is not being kept; except for the current browser session and ... All other views are empty. ...
  • Re: help with a basic differentiability and derivative function
    ... I am replying to my own post to add an additional final paragraph to further ... clarify. ... >> David L. Wilson wrote: ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)