Re: [OT] Compiler warning level

From: Michael Mair (Michael.Mair_at_invalid.invalid)
Date: 11/17/04

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:20:35 +0100

Old Wolf wrote:

> pete <pfiland@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>Old Wolf wrote:
>>

>>> (I would prefer that (-1 < 0x1) were TRUE).
>>
>>(-1 < 0x1) is true.
>>
>>(-1 < 0x1u) is false.
>
> Right. I thought that 0x.. constants were unsigned, I must
> have been confusing that with some other situation
> (although I can't think what).

Probably you thought of the printf/scanf format %x which
expects unsigned integers.

Cheers
  Michael

--
E-Mail: Mine is an   /at/ gmx /dot/ de   address.

Relevant Pages

  • Dawkins reviews Behe for the NYT
    ... Richard Dawkins writes: ... I had expected to be as irritated by Michael Behe's second book as ... say a wolf that hunts ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Lynn Johnston is FINALLY Calling It Quits (Almost)
    ... I'm confused about why she thinks Michael and Deanna's story is at all ... The hybrid, I think, wasn't confusing, it just didn't work. ... So Michael introducing the old strips ... I haven't noticed any wraparounds or modified first panels lately- just flat-out old strips. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Lynn Johnston is FINALLY Calling It Quits (Almost)
    ... | strip ends, she's since decided that "going back in time ... I'm confused about why she thinks Michael and Deanna's story is at all ... The hybrid, I think, wasn't confusing, it just didn't work. ... So Michael introducing the old strips ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Gimli and Legolas of lesser lineage?
    ... Christopher Kreuzer wrote: ... > Michael is clearly confusing Boromir and Aragorn. ... I meant Michael Martinez was the one that was ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: [OT] Compiler warning level
    ... "Michael Mair" wrote in message ... > Old Wolf wrote: ... >> have been confusing that with some other situation ...
    (comp.lang.c)