Re: Binary storage of string constants

"Ross" <rossfreemantle@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Does this mean that 'execution character set' is referring to the
execution of the compiler, rather than the execution of the compiled
program (as I had assumed)?

Does *what* mean that?

Google Groups, for a long time, made it gratuitously difficult to
provide proper context when posting a followup, but I believe the
problem has been corrected.

Please leave enough context in your followups so that they make some
sense even if the previous article isn't available. Those of us who
read everything in this newsgroup can't remember all the details of
every thread.

<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> has information (now obsolete)
about how to work around Google's former bug; it also has a number of
links to articles with good information about posting to Usenet.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@xxxxxxx <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>