Re: Binary storage of string constants

"Ross" <rossfreemantle@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Does this mean that 'execution character set' is referring to the
execution of the compiler, rather than the execution of the compiled
program (as I had assumed)?

Does *what* mean that?

Google Groups, for a long time, made it gratuitously difficult to
provide proper context when posting a followup, but I believe the
problem has been corrected.

Please leave enough context in your followups so that they make some
sense even if the previous article isn't available. Those of us who
read everything in this newsgroup can't remember all the details of
every thread.

<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> has information (now obsolete)
about how to work around Google's former bug; it also has a number of
links to articles with good information about posting to Usenet.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@xxxxxxx <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>

  • Re: Obstacles for Tcl/Tk commercial application development ?
    ... this is no problem: the compiler will refuse to ... previous message, it is impossible to check all execution paths, ... kilometers, which is clearly a type error. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: FORTH: BEGIN as compile-time and no run-time?!?!?!?!? Help
    ... of the compiler for your own purposes. ... For example,] switches to compile mode and [to execute mode. ... execution tokens of its parts. ... whenever there is a 0 on the stack. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: For VIA Technologies former and current employees / contractors
    ... It depends on what you're debugging. ... The entire kernel must enter ... And the compiler aspect of it is only somewhat ... "tentative execution" part of PURSUE isn't really applying. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: Benefit of not defining the order of execution
    ... the contents of the log can vary depending on the evaluation order, ... execution is that the course of execution is not well defined. ... It can vary from environment to environment, from compiler to ... we need an additional suite of coding standards. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Attention Windows Users
    ... > So if the compiler were written to automatically include code for ... languages) that have built-in data integrity support, ... including software and hardware based protection for code execution of data. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)