Re: how to create an array for 15000 integers?

Richard Bos a écrit :
jacob navia <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

CBFalconer wrote:

jacob navia wrote:

Richard Bos wrote:

Tell that to the MS-DOS program that's still running the back-end
of our A2 full-colour scanner.

USING MS-DOS programs, and even developing embedded software in
MSDOS is OK. But LEARNING C with MSDOS?

This is more likely to produce good habits, assuming an appropriate
C compiler system, than using a non-standard systems which
promulgates various non-portable extensions, and doesn't provide an
easy and obvious way to inhibit all of them. In particular the
DJGPP system will do just fine under DOS.

Mmmm... grasping the difference between the tiny/compact/medium/large
"memory models", making the difference between near and far pointers,

You make it more and more obvious that your experience with advanced
MS-DOS C implementations - DJGPP, in particular - is limited to having
once stood downwind of one.
For your futile information, none of what you mention need be used if
you compile with DJGPP.

Richard

This thread (I repeat) was about MIRACL C.

OK?

I am referring to THAT environment guys, and I do not care
about the wonderful DJGPP since the original poster
doesn't use it!

I knew everything about DOS extenders, when I used them.
I have forgotten everything about thme since I do not use
them any more. But this is off topic for this thread.

To refresh your minds here is the original question I
was answering to:

< QUOTE >
I need to do an array with around 15000 integers in it.
I have declared it as unsigned letter[13000];
But the compiler is saying that this is too much.
How can I create an array for 15000 integers?

I am using "Miracle C compiler".

This is the error i am recieving:

"c:\documents and settings\david\desktop\asdasdasdasdasdasdasdad22.c:
line 6: too many locals declared
'unsigned letter[15000]'
aborting compile"

< END QUOTE>

MANY problems like this will appear when you use PLAIN OLD MSDOS
as this user is seeing. Those questions are difficult to
answer for a beginner so I recommended a modern environment where
those problems do not appear immediately.

This problems WILL appear eventually since if you replace 15000
with 15000000000 then the 32 bit implementation will
have the same problem, but when the student needs
15000000000 then it is (hopefully) more advanced :-)

  • Re: Which C?
    ... That Compiler hasn't survived the sands of time as far as I can tell. ... If you don't know, DJGPP is MSDOS based. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Which C?
    ... That Compiler hasn't survived the sands of time as far as I can tell. ... About ten years ago I found DJGPP just as it went to V2 and have been using it successfully ever since. ... Minimum requirements are an i80386 CPU and MSDOS at around version 6. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Screen control functions
    ... screen-drawing functions. ... Then i tried to work it on dos but it didn't work. ... compiler, ... Get MSDOS and run under msdos by booting from a disquette. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: is real*8 a standard declaration style?
    ... I don't think you understand that I program in MSDOS. ... I use an old simple MSDOS Fortran F77 compiler for ... If the market then requires a native windows version, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Screen control functions
    ... screen-drawing functions. ... Then i tried to work it on dos but it didn't work. ... Contrary to what *many* people think, MSDOS is dead since more than 10 ... compiler, ...
    (comp.lang.c)