Re: A tcp connetion question

In article <f5tmkv$78u$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jimmy <lofenee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I realize the segmentation fault was caused by perror(errno), in which
errno has the value of 29. Is that an invalid number?

Error numbers are implementation defined.

A segmentation fault in perror() may well indicate some unrelated
memory corruption, or that you have closed stderr.

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.

  • Running Wine
    ... one from the Companion CD from Sun and downloaded a ... sysi86: Invalid argument ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: CreateEvent problem
    ... The problem is when I create the overlapped handle using CreateEvent, it creates a handle that causes a memory corruption when I try to close it. ... So it looks like an invalid handle returned from CreateEvent, but it's not the same value as NULL or INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE. ... It sounds like your code has undefined behaviour, probably with the symptom that the memory for your handle value is being overwritten, which had a different symptom under VC6. ...
  • [SLE] Hauppauge Win-TV PVR 150 on SUSE 10
    ... and PCM devices for v4l2. ... /dev/video32: no overlay support ... kHz";reserved=72): Invalid argument ... Segmentation fault ...
    (SuSE)