Re: howto receive and *understand* via UDP

Chris Dollin wrote:
Richard wrote:
Chris Dollin <chris.dollin@xxxxxx> writes:

.... snip ...

"not so" indicating "not so true" indicating some leverage.

That may have been what you /meant/, but it's not the obvious
meaning of what you /wrote/; it's its negation.

Independently of /that/, giving booleans some leeway doesn't
make posts [substantially] more boolean.

And no, we don't need someone reminding us that "not so true"
is false in C ....

Unless there are some macros around, it's not false, it's a
constraint error.

--
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2.
to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences
that are worse than the original problem. Usage: "Windows ME
fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows 98 SE". - Hutchinson

  • Re: OT What does RET (Enter) do and how does it do it ??
    ... you're at a command prompt or other program requesting input (remember ... standardized meaning according to what has been bound to the keymap the ... program (on *nix, the shell; ... Windows calls it now) asking for input. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Blackhats Target RH/Fedora
    ... They are trademarks for a type of computer software, not for hats. ... Trademarks can have meaning. ... Windows are also ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: How does Solaris assigns a default route to a DHCP client?
    ... those in Windows are kludges ... Meaning, I suppose, what does Windows support in terms of routing ... As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Intermittent work in UI thread
    ... UI threads are actually ideal for this sort of thing. ... Don't be confused by the phrase ... 'UI' meaning something with windows; think of it as "a thread with a built-in queuing ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Vista - User Directory
    ... putting their own files in the Windows or Windows/System32 directories. ... educator for most of my life, and I see the same irresponsible questioning techniques all ... If you can tell me what some arbitrary user path on someone's computer has so much more meaning than what I posted, and it holds water, I'll concur. ... I got it wrong the first time and now I have to fix it. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)