Re: Mixing size_t and other types

Strangely enough, size_t is commonly used for sizes, so just make size a
size_t and save to agro.

size_t will be an unsigned type.

Thanks. But this variable holds a value that comes from the standard
function "ftell". It'd be something like,

fseek (fp , 0 , SEEK_END);
size = ftell (fp); /* ftell gives me long int. */
rewind (fp);

So I think I won't be able to make it a size_t. Not sure how to go
about this. Any help?

  • Re: Mixing size_t and other types
    ... size_t and save to agro. ... But this variable holds a value that comes from the standard ... You mustn't assign the return value of 'ftell' to a variable of type ... The original source was type 'long', ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Mixing size_t and other types
    ... size_t and save to agro. ... size_t will be an unsigned type. ... function "ftell". ... rewind; ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Mixing size_t and other types
    ... size_t and save to agro. ... size_t will be an unsigned type. ... function "ftell". ... rewind; ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Mixing size_t and other types
    ... size_t and save to agro. ... But this variable holds a value that comes from the standard ... rewind; ... You mustn't assign the return value of 'ftell' to a variable of type ...
    (comp.lang.c)