Re: How to increment array of pointers to strings

When [] appear in a parameter declaration, it really means *.  I.e. argv
is really a char ** object.  Your args is actually an array, so to get
the same effect you need a pointer to the first element of it and then
you can work with that.  Of course, there's no reason to use a pointer
at all.  An index will work just as well.

--
Ben.

Thanks. The array is actually a ptr to an array of strings, like:
char *name[] = { "one","two","three" };
which yes, i guess is different than **argv.
sorry, i am just confused trying to learn. I guess i could make it an
** object like argv and work with it that way.

thanks
.