Re: volatile Info

On Aug 6, 4:26 am, Malcolm McLean <malcolm.mcle...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Aug 6, 3:11 am, crisgoogle <crisgoo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:>
So I think Scott's question stands: how is the
answer different _without_ the "volatile"? If there's some bizarre mechanism
by which the value of, uh, "value" could change, then the returned result
may not be be the square of the original argument.

"volatile" is shorthand for "there is some bizarre mechanism by which
the value of this variable might change".

Okay. But is the _absence_ of volatile shorthand for "there is NO
bizarre
mechanism by which the value of this variable might change"? I don't
think
so.

So I ask yet again: without the "volatile", how does the answer to the
original
question change?

(I tried to fix GG's quoting. Sorry if I failed).
.