Re: OT: Will non net-neutrality kill the internet?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 01:18:38 -0700 (PDT), Nick Keighley
<nick_keighley_nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9 Aug, 20:35, John Kelly <j...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Without God, the only alternative is survival of the fittest.

*that* old canard. "fittest" doesn't mean what you think it does. It
pays to live in a moral fashion in a moral society. You don't need
religion for this.

You're confusing religion with God. Much religion is false.

What if I'm bigger, stronger, and meaner than you?  Suppose I kill you,
rape your wife, and enslave your children?

you get put in prison for life. Some countries would execute you.

Law got its start with Moses. Before the flood, it was every man for
himself, with no police to apprehend the wicked. Murder and mayhem was
an everyday thing. Talk about survival of the fittest. Whiny little
computer geeks would have no chance.

Who needs morals if Darwin was right.

So you don't understand basic morality or evolutionary biolgy or what
Darwin said. Religious people like you scare me. You need your god in
order to restrain you from doing evil things. Why not just be a nice
person? Why not treat other people how you'd like to be treated
yourself?

Man deciding for himself what is right and moral eventually leads to
chaos, like before the flood.

--
Web mail, POP3, and SMTP
http://www.beewyz.com/freeaccounts.php

  • Darwins god
    ... God has always been a puzzle for Scott Atran. ... Atran has been struggling with questions about religion ever ... something beyond the reach or understanding of science. ...
    (talk.atheism)
  • Religion and evolution
    ... God has always been a puzzle for Scott Atran. ... about religion ever since - why he himself no longer believes in God ... something beyond the reach or understanding of science. ...
    (uk.philosophy.humanism)
  • Re: Religion and evolution
    ... God has always been a puzzle for Scott Atran. ... about religion ever since - why he himself no longer believes in God ... something beyond the reach or understanding of science. ...
    (uk.philosophy.humanism)
  • The Science of Belief
    ... God has always been a puzzle for Scott Atran. ... about religion ever since - why he himself no longer believes in God ... something beyond the reach or understanding of science. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • OT: "The Age of Reason" by Thomas Paine
    ... Religion. ... opinion might be to mine. ... I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life. ... called Gentiles, or Mythologists, and it was those people only that believed it. ...
    (sci.med.diseases.hepatitis)