Re: C Test Incorrectly Uses printf() - Please Confirm

Eric Sosman wrote:
On 8/10/2010 1:45 AM, Shao Miller wrote:
[...]
It might be beneficial to divide "undefined behaviour" into two types:
- Undefined behaviour due to a lack of definition in a C Standard (not
defined; doesn't appear)
- Undefined behaviour declared to be such in a C Standard (defined not
to have further definition in the Standard)

The division is probably not beneficial. For starters, the
Standard itself says explicitly that "There is no difference in
emphasis among these three;[*] they all describe ‘‘behavior that
is undefined’’."

[*] The text subdivides your second category into two finer-
grained types -- and then lumps them all back together under
"There is no difference."

I'm well aware of that referenced text. In fact, I thought it was a good idea to read just before posting that post.

Did you stop reading the post where you began your reply? Instead of arguing about emphasis as used in the Standard (which was not the subject), do you not agree to the benefits I suggested for purposes of discussion? Do you see how the division allows for two types of distinct outcomes?
.