Re: trim whitespace

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:17:32 -0400, Shao Miller <sha0.miller@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

/* Enable for security */
#if 0
/* Truncate with erasure */
while (i)
string[i--] = 0;
#endif

The original string is still in memory. Erasing its old artifacts won't
improve security.

--
Web mail, POP3, and SMTP
http://www.beewyz.com/freeaccounts.php

  • Re: Is it just me whos paranoid about pop3 sending IDs and PWs in clear text?
    ... Especially if users are using the same passwords for pop3 as they are for AD. ... Maintaining the pop3 is MORE COMPLICATED than maintaining a single virtual SMTP server. ... Thus, you aren't hanging a listening server off port 25 on your connect, you ARE keeping your security intact, and you aren't stuck maintaining pop3 connectors. ... I know that each time the POP3 connector ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: bulk flush input
    ... Not my concept of fun. ... Web mail, POP3, and SMTP ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Turbo_C_Asm_Debug v2
    ... and GPL ideology does not interest me. ... Web mail, POP3, and SMTP ...
    (comp.os.msdos.programmer)
  • Re: Output n equal signs from a script
    ... %d format specifier to get leading zeros. ... Web mail, POP3, and SMTP ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Parsing file names with spaces
    ... foreach { ... Web mail, POP3, and SMTP ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)