Re: trim whitespace v3

On 23 Aug, 22:19, John Kelly <j...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:01:16 +0200, "Francesco S. Carta"
<entul...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

EOVERFLOW is definitely missing.

That seems strange for a gcc environment.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/errno.h.html

Definitely missing from both 4.4.0 and 4.5, I confirm - at least from
the packages I have on my box, but I doubt I have deleted any header
from them.

Besides, I miss to see the connection between gcc the page you linked.

The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6
IEEE Std 1003.1, 2004 Edition

It lists common symbolic constants.  Seems like any gcc environment
would have them.

gcc is not posix

If I find many environments lacking EOVERFLOW, I may use a different
symbolic constant.  But if MinGW is the only platform lacking it, that
problem can wait.

--------------------Configuration: trim - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
trim.c
D:\bin\net\trim.c(13) : fatal error C1189: #error : "EOVERFLOW is not
defined"
Error executing cl.exe.

trim.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

An old version of VCC

  • Re: trim whitespace v3
    ... the packages I have on my box, but I doubt I have deleted any header ... It lists common symbolic constants. ... Seems like any gcc environment ... If I find many environments lacking EOVERFLOW, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: trim whitespace v3
    ... That seems strange for a gcc environment. ... the packages I have on my box, but I doubt I have deleted any header ... It lists common symbolic constants. ... If I find many environments lacking EOVERFLOW, ...
    (comp.lang.c)