Re: trim whitespace

On 2010-08-26, John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:51:38 +0000 (UTC), pacman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alan
Curry) wrote:
Even getaddrinfo(), as a fresh addition to libc, didn't mess with errno. It
returns an error code and provides a separate gai_strerror() to map the error
code to a string.

Probably good advice for something popular.

But I don't see many potential users around here.

Perhaps this is because, given information about how something would have
to work for people to potentially use it, you disregard it as irrelevant?

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Creating an error message table
    ... and the line number where the exception occurred. ... This is all well organized and well packed in a string object. ... all that s/he has to remember is the error code. ... > How about using an STL map as the data structure? ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Various error codes: (was: Add AUXILIARY object class to inetOrgPerson entry)
    ... There are some legal implications of using English strings -- sometimes, ... >> error code as the first hex number of the server error ... >> The problem with returning string errors is that they need to be ... >> With DSIDs -- try searching the KB with the dsid value. ...
  • Re: using NULL pointers in COM
    ... *string" if I exit with an error code: ... you exit with an error code. ... pointed-to memory, a crash or heap corruption ensues. ... This has nothing to do with your initializing or not initializing the ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: using NULL pointers in COM
    ... it is possible for me to not modify that "BSTR ... *string" if I exit with an error code: ... you exit with an error code. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: terminate a PHP script
    ... The Natural Philosopher wrote: ... >> Because of the incredible convolution and depth of nested if/then/else>> you can get to. ... If I have a function that's scanning a>> string looking for and obtaining options and their values for some>> command previously scanned off the string, and I detect an error, I want>> to set an error code and exit right there. ...
    (comp.lang.php)