Re: trim whitespace

On 2010-08-26, John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:51:38 +0000 (UTC), pacman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alan
Curry) wrote:
Even getaddrinfo(), as a fresh addition to libc, didn't mess with errno. It
returns an error code and provides a separate gai_strerror() to map the error
code to a string.

Probably good advice for something popular.

But I don't see many potential users around here.

Perhaps this is because, given information about how something would have
to work for people to potentially use it, you disregard it as irrelevant?

Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam@xxxxxxxxx <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures <-- get educated!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating an error message table
    ... and the line number where the exception occurred. ... This is all well organized and well packed in a string object. ... all that s/he has to remember is the error code. ... > How about using an STL map as the data structure? ...
  • Re: Various error codes: (was: Add AUXILIARY object class to inetOrgPerson entry)
    ... There are some legal implications of using English strings -- sometimes, ... >> error code as the first hex number of the server error ... >> The problem with returning string errors is that they need to be ... >> With DSIDs -- try searching the KB with the dsid value. ...
  • Re: using NULL pointers in COM
    ... *string" if I exit with an error code: ... you exit with an error code. ... pointed-to memory, a crash or heap corruption ensues. ... This has nothing to do with your initializing or not initializing the ...
  • Re: using NULL pointers in COM
    ... it is possible for me to not modify that "BSTR ... *string" if I exit with an error code: ... you exit with an error code. ...
  • An Error while running Error Handling Code
    ... strCallingProc As String, Optional vParameters, Optional bShowUser As ... Is there something that is wrong in the On Error code? ...