Some information for the one who decided to learn C++, and now wants to learn at least a bit of C?

Some time ago I decided to learn C++, and most of the documentation I
found (books, tutorials, etc) said that not only is it not necessary
to learn C before, it is not recommended since it could make things
more difficult.

Now I know C++, but I deal a lot with various C software, and although
I understand it all, it is not at all easy to adapt it to my needs.

Where should I search for information? I couldn't find anything useful
on Google (and it's not that easy to find a good search query).

Could you advise me? Any responses are welcome.

  • Re: Learning Experience
    ... > There is a distinct difference between books and tutorials on assembly vs documentation. ... In the BU_ASM all you will find is GOOD ways of communicating the essential bits of the intel docs. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: The Problems of TeX
    ... The first groups develops LaTeX, ... Then these people should start working on *LaTeX* documentation. ... Do many tutorials start out like that? ... Huge books are fashionable these days. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Learning Experience
    ... >>There is a distinct difference between books and tutorials on assembly ... The main differences are that Assembly books are ... It is documentation. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: C++ and graphics.
    ... X11 systems and Windows. ... Several tutorials, fairly decent documentation. ... Tons of books of the subject. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Tcl on slashdot...
    ... warts (fundamental class stuff like mro and new style python classes are ... reference documentation, from Python 2.2 onwards...). ... I wouldn't count most books as 'documentation' unless they ... There are some fine books on Tcl, just not as many as for the more ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)