Re: strncpy() fails to copy

On Sep 14, 12:44 pm, Keith Thompson <ks...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom St Denis <t...@xxxxxxx> writes:
[...]

What would be cooler is to just suck it up and fix strncat/strncpy
broken apps be damned.  Too much legacy shit gets propagated because
inept committees come up with designs.

That would break the (few) applications that use strncpy *correctly*
for the narrow purpose for which it was designed.

As I said elsethread, the main problem with strncpy() is its misleading
name.

Fair enough and I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.
Thanks.

Tom

  • Re: strncpy() fails to copy
    ... Too much legacy shit gets propagated because ... inept committees come up with designs. ... the main problem with strncpy() is its misleading ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Hyperion position in the San Francisco Bay area
    ... I have a full-time position available with a client in the San ... applications utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology ... Designs application systems, writes code, and developts tests. ...
    (comp.databases.olap)
  • Re: COBOL Trends
    ... embedded applications that don't actually need them (ie, ... One thing to remember about the EDS survey's is that they end up being ... about *designs*, ... Sixteen bitters in a different boat - in terms of units ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • DIRECT CLIENT REK - Urgently Need an Sr.Java Consultant with having more exposure in web service
    ... Plans, designs, develops, codes and tests software systems or ... applications for software enhancements and new products. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Design GUI for Web Applications or Web Systems
    ... You can also look at 'how not to do', in other words "bad designs". ... > Does anybody know a book about Guidelines for Design GUI for Web ... > Applications or Web Systems? ... and all these things what applications should have. ...