Reasonably priced C11 standard?
- From: Keith Thompson <kst-u@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:53:54 -0800
Years ago, I bought a PDF copy of the ISO C90 standard from ansi.org
for $18. I later bought a PDF copy of the C99 standard for either
$18 or $30
Now when I look on webstore.ansi.org, the C99 standard is still
available for $30, but they want $285 for ISO/IEC 9899:2011.
iso.org is charging CHF 238, which is about $255 US at current
Apparently ANSI had a policy of selling the C99 standard at a
reasonable price. Why does that policy not apply to the C11
standard? Is any other organization selling (legal!) copies of
C11 at a lower price?
(The same thing seems to be happening with the ISO C++ standard.)
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@xxxxxxx <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Will write code for food.
"We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this."
-- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister"
- Prev by Date: Re: Type interchange
- Next by Date: Re: Reasonably priced C11 standard?
- Previous by thread: Re: Type interchange
- Next by thread: Re: Reasonably priced C11 standard?