Re: Getline delimiter

From: Rolf Magnus (ramagnus_at_t-online.de)
Date: 11/14/03

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:24:55 +0100

Chris Schumacher wrote:

> Is there a way to set the delimiter to the "enter" key? I've tried the
> ASCII values for carriage return,

I guess you mean newline here.

> line feed, form feed, and even null but it doesn't work.

"doesn't work" is not a good description. Post a minimal, but complete
program that shows the behaviour you observe and describe what happens
instead of the expected.
The default delimeter for getline is newline, so it should actually work
if you don't explicitly provide one.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... ASCII is irrelevant when discussing text editing - in Twisted world. ... typing it would insert a newline in web ... You still fail to understand the concept of user choice. ... C-j is linefeed and linefeed is C-j. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... No, ASCII is irrelevant when we're discussing key bindings, idiot. ... but apparently my response was sufficiently embarrassing ... C-j is linefeed and linefeed is C-j. ... this box in Firefox to insert a newline, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Different file defaults for Tcl 8.4?
    ... note that the carriage returns are converted to newline. ... This behavior is expected with Windows, but not with Unix. ... As the input translation mode, auto treats any of newline, carriage return, or carriage return followed by a newline as the end of line representation. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Tick and check
    ... Standard AmE for that, in context, is "check the box" or "uncheck ... key represented the CR (carriage return) character and the ... Newline: CRLF. ... On some keyboard layouts, the return and enter key are two different ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: what does "serialization" mean?
    ... Except that xml-version declaration itself is written in ASCII. ... newline occupies two bytes instead of one? ... newline occupies just one byte but the next character after it occupies ...
    (comp.programming)