Re: endianness and sscanf/sprintf

From: EventHelix.com (eventhelix_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/02/04

Date: 1 Jan 2004 20:58:16 -0800

Richard Heathfield <invalid@address.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message news:<3ff42d01@news2.power.net.uk>...
> EventHelix.com wrote:
>
> > You will be fine as everything is being converted to characters.
> > As long as characters are represented as 8 bytes, the numbers
> > will be interpreted correctly.
>
> In C (and, as far as I am aware, C++ too), characters are always represented
> in a single byte. Character /constants/ are represented (in C, but not C++)
> by the int type, which might conceivably be eight bytes. Is that what you
> meant?
>
> (Followups set to comp.lang.c)

Typo: it should have been "8 bits" (i.e. byte).

Sandeep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: endianness and sscanf/sprintf
    ... >> You will be fine as everything is being converted to characters. ... > by the int type, which might conceivably be eight bytes. ... Typo: it should have been "8 bits". ... Sandeep ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • RE: sql statement with error #933
    ... OMG! ... What a monster. ... It would be all too easy to have a typo in that thing. ... It has about 5300 characters. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: need help with website language pref script
    ... That does not work because \ and / are different characters. ... a typo on my part. ... clean environment. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
  • Re: 4e Lev 30
    ... game with new characters" ... LOL... ... Heh, you fixed his typo. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: (OT) - Registry cleaner
    ... resources. ... You have a typo in that sentence: the omission of the characters "ty" just ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)