Re: f(int& i) vs. f(int i)

From: jeffc (nobody_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:07:20 -0500

"jeffc" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:401fd129_1@news1.prserv.net...
> Can anyone point me to a web site that gives technical reasons that pass
by
> value is preferred over pass by reference when the value is not to be
> changed? Actually it could be any built-in "small" type (short, bool,
etc.)

Please let me reiterate: I'm not looking for answers per se. I'm looking
for a WEB SITE that provides this sort of information. Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VS.NET Q: where to put common DLLs in a multi project solution, web vs. web application Q
    ... I agree with you regarding the problems with the Web Site model. ... I think Microsoft needed/needs to do a much better job ... projects, reference class libraries, deploy to virtual directories, and so ... and to reference that project from various solutions. ...
  • Re: Word 07 Crashes
    ... reference page just how to delete the Key. ... Graham Mayor - Word MVP ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: PDF Maker adding text to reference field
    ... My web site www.gmayor.com ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... The only style elements I have check in PDF Maker conversion settings ... As a test - when I place the same reference field in the body of my ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Flicker in CFLs, linear fluorescent lamps and LEDs.
    ... line frequency EM ballasts produce a substantial amount offlickerat twice ... or use e-mail address listed at the Web site. ... I recall the reference and I should have posted it earlier since it has ...
    (sci.engr.lighting)
  • Re: Harry Potter Reference Updated
    ... Chip Stobb wrote: ... beings included on JKR's web site as the "Wizard of the Month". ... As always, this reference is free, shall always be free, and I have no ... Otherwise - your use is infringement as a derivative work. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)