Design Patterns Advice And Resources

From: NKOBAYE027 (NKOBAYE027_at_Rogers.Com)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:13:28 GMT

Hi Folks: Can anyone direct me to a good resource on design patterns. I'd
like to use them for a project I'm working on regarding set theory - in
particular I'd like to use the Decorator pattern to present an interface for
a 'sortable' set template derived from the default unsorted set template.
And, I'd like to have a Factory pattern used as a source of the set objects.
I am a relative newbie to this sort of design approach, so if I'm thinking
wrong about things then I appreciate being set (NPI) back on the correct
path. I have seen some C# source for these things, but I want to do it in
C++ and I'd do better with source examples than trying to divine what should
be a pointer and what should be a reference and so on when setting up the
original template. Any direction (aside from misdirection) would be
appreciated.

regards,
L.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Win App Development Program Structure
    ... But I would stress more about the TDD. ... Also look into a particular design pattern called "Model View Presenter ... I would suggest reading a couple of books on design patterns. ... I have been developing custom apps ...
  • Re: Design Patterns Advice And Resources
    ... Can anyone direct me to a good resource on design patterns. ... > particular I'd like to use the Decorator pattern to present an interface ... > a 'sortable' set template derived from the default unsorted set template. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Expert of Design Patterns
    ... You need to READ the pattern specified by another and interpret it. ... rather context evaluation. ... design patterns can be expected, by definition, to make good choices about ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: MooTools: An Objective Look
    ... What design patterns in Mootools were criticized? ... host objects were the design patterns I have been commenting on in this ... A design pattern is a reusable solution to a problem in a context. ... So if this is a pattern, we could look at the goals, usage, and constraints in Mootools. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Why i dont switch to Lisp
    ... I would argue that a design pattern which is invisible actually /isn't/ ... there, and as evidence, I would cite its very invisibility. ... them to the restrictions of the language. ... the way design patterns are presented reinforces the ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)