interfacing with gnuplot without pipes

From: Alexander Stippler (stip_at_mathematik.uni-ulm.de)
Date: 02/08/04

Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:33:13 +0100

Hello,

I want to visualize numerical results with gnuplot. The easiest way would be
use a pipe to gnuplot. But I want to be platform independent, just relying
on
the C++-standard. What is the recommended way of getting this functionality?

regards,
    alex

Relevant Pages

  • Reading from stdin then launching a program that reads from stdin strange behaviour
    ... perl 5.8. ... gnuplot exits immediately from the interactive session. ... stdin like this: ... input to the pipe, then exits. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: interfacing with gnuplot without pipes
    ... Alexander Stippler wrote: ... > The easiest way would be to use a pipe to gnuplot. ... > But I want to be platform independent, ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: I cant bind hotkeys, why?
    ... X11 on my OSX 10.5.5 laptop. ... As I understand it, gnuplot itself ... the graph does register my mouse, ... The other pipe feeds back information from gnuplot_x11 to gnuplot. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot)
  • Re: Perl - Gnuplot Program Oct. 29, 2008
    ... Once this program has been circulated I expect that people who actually develop computer programs for a living will rewrite the code so that it is more conventional. ... I spent quite a bit of time trying to get Perl and Gnuplot to communicate with one another using files instead of a pipe. ... My best determination was that when Perl and Gnuplot were both trying to share some file, on occasion they would both try to access it at the exact same time. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot)
  • Re: Pipe the content of a variable to a process
    ... output stream is failing - I think your commands are incorrect. ... I know gnuplot pretty well. ... pipe ...
    (comp.lang.php)