programming socket in c++

From: mas (massimo.ciao_at_ciao)
Date: 02/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:17:28 GMT

hello,
I'm a computer science student and I would like to socket programmming in
c++,
where can I find material in Internet that contains information about this
topic?
I have already programmed sockets in c, but I have uncovered that some
ruotines (such as inet_iton()) have been modified, and I do not know which
are the corrisponding routines in c++.
The final idea is to be able to pass a complex object (approximately
125x4x32bit of hightly structured information) from one computer to the
other.
Thanks in advance
Massimo
massimo underscore camarda @ yahoo.it

Relevant Pages

  • Re: programming socket in c++
    ... "mas" wrote: ... > I'm a computer science student and I would like to socket programmming ... > where can I find material in Internet that contains information about ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: programming socket in c++
    ... > 125x4x32bit of hightly structured information) from one computer to the ... C++ has no concept of sockets, all socket functions are from C libs. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: programming socket in c++
    ... "mas" wrote in message ... Sockets are not part of standard C++, so your question is off-topic here. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)