How to spool LPT1 on win98?

From: Allan (kaburga_at_mail.com)
Date: 02/16/04

Date: 16 Feb 2004 07:42:25 -0800

I open and write LPT1 as file with standart file i/o functions. But it
sends directly to the printer on win98 without spooling.But when I
send something from command prompt (dos) to LPT1 it is spooled. Is
there a way that I can
use LPT1 and spooling using C?

 *1 I tried open/write and fopen/fputs functions
 *2 Spooling is turned on on printer's properties
Example code:

       FILE *fp=NULL;
        fp = fopen("LPT1", "w");
       if (fp)
        {
                fprintf(fp, "test\n");
                fclose(fp);
        }

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to spool LPT1 on win98?
    ... > I open and write LPT1 as file with standart file i/o functions. ... > use LPT1 and spooling using C? ... Read the C++ FAQ and welcome.txt in my signature. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • How to spool LPT1 on win98
    ... I open and write LPT1 as file with standart file i/o functions. ... sends directly to the printer on win98 without spooling.But when I ... use LPT1 and spooling using C? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Policy permissions
    ... I have WinXP pro an win98 that are connects to Win2003 Server Domain. ... When I try to use the net use lpt1: command to connect to a shared printer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)