time to get rid of unsigned?

From: John Harrison (john_andronicus_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:10:56 -0000

I knew that unsigned integral data types were the cause of scads of mostly
spurious warning messages, but I didn't realise that they were a security
risk too (see here
http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2004/Feb/1009067.html). All for one
measly extra bit.

So has the time come for C++ to deprecate unsigned integral types?

john

Relevant Pages

  • Re: time to get rid of unsigned?
    ... > spurious warning messages, but I didn't realise that they were a security ... of which can be erroneous and result in a security risk. ... come for C++ to deprecate assignments? ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: time to get rid of unsigned?
    ... > spurious warning messages, but I didn't realise that they were a security ... of which can be erroneous and result in a security risk. ... come for C++ to deprecate assignments? ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: time to get rid of unsigned?
    ... "John Harrison" wrote in message ... > I knew that unsigned integral data types were the cause of scads of mostly ... > spurious warning messages, but I didn't realise that they were a security ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: time to get rid of unsigned?
    ... >> I knew that unsigned integral data types were the cause of scads of ... proposing to remove signed integers, I'm proposing that we should drop ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)