Declaring only public class members - doesn't work

From: Chee Liang (
Date: 04/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:34:17 +0800

Hi all,

I was writing some C++ class stuff in VC. After adding a strcpy(),
whenever the program is exiting I receive a "Unhandled exception: user
breakpoint". Growl, I traced assembly line by line, spend one night
wondering why my strcpy() is overwriting data space. But I couldn't
find anything!

When I replace a header file which exports the class declaration as

class xxx{

with the whole declaration

class xxx{

everything falls in place. Big Oops!

So I gather we are not allowed to declare just the public members when
exporting? Are there any other ways to hide private declarations?

Thanks a bunch!