Re: I need an understanding of what C++ is good for -Thanks

From: E. Robert Tisdale (E.Robert.Tisdale_at_jpl.nasa.gov)
Date: 04/20/04

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:32:34 -0700

RAY wrote:

> How do I (as a non-programmer) know if the person's answers are true?
> Or if they are stretching for answers (in the unknown)?

You don't.
You are a dishonest person so you suspect everyone else.
You don't know anything about C++ so you can't judge.
Stick to topics that you know something about
so that you can judge the candidate --
unless, of course, you have you boss fooled
and don't know anything about the business at all.

The right candidates should be able to tell you
how they can solve your problems.
And if they can convince you of that,
they can easily pick up C++ or whatever [language] is required.
If they can't, it doesn't matter how well they know C++.
They won't be able to help you.

Relevant Pages

  • MN - Judge Floerke thwarts suspect after home break-in
    ... Judge Floerke thwarts suspect after home break-in ... A Duluth judge began 2011 as a crime victim but took command of the ... The police report said the suspect was so intoxicated he ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Released
    ... > Father says judge rules Dutch teen no longer suspected of Hollway murder ... Aruba - A judge on Thursday ordered the release of a Dutch ... > of murder," he said. ... > But van der Sloot remains a suspect in the sexual assault of Holloway, ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • While the U.S. is distracted Aruba quietly ...
    ... Dutch Suspect to Be Freed in Aruba ... A judge on Thursday ordered the conditional release of a Dutch teenager ... nationals Satish Kalpoe, 18, and Deepak Kalpoe, 21, on suspicion of ... involvement in Holloway's disappearance. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: More Friendly chatter
    ... >judge another person's decision to use a pseudonym when I am not certain ... legitimate reasons to mask their true name. ... judge not lest ye be judged. ... dishonest is coming here year after year and everytime using a new alias ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)
  • Re: Yes! The Fla. "academic freedom" bills died
    ... willing to go along with the pretense of the dishonest legislation. ... At the time they were trying to sneak in scientific creationism ... creationists still lose because it was the lie that won and not what ... No judge on the planet is gonna agree with that. ...
    (talk.origins)