Re: Programme Help

From: rossum (rossum48_at_coldmail.com)
Date: 05/01/04

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:31:40 +0100

On 30 Apr 2004 09:07:39 -0700, gomerpyl3@aol.com (gomerpyl3) wrote:

>I am trying to make a small system to record details for a small video
>/ DVD shop - approx 200 members @ the mo
>
>I wanted it to be able to do the following:
>
>Check out a video / DVD
>Return video / DVD
>Add a new Video / DVD to stock
>Remove a Video / DVD from stock
>Display all Video / DVD in stock
>Display member details

Very incomplete. Remember the acronym CRUD: Create, Read, Update,
Destroy. Apply this to your two data types: Video/DVD and Member.

>I've made the Menu, but I am stumped as to how I can go about the rest
>of the programmes & link them to the menu.
Write a series of separate functions: check_out_video(/***/),
return_video(/***/) etc. Make these functions public member functions
of the appropriate class. Call them from your menu routine.

>Storage of the details would be in a number of *.dat files
>(hopefully).
You will need some write() functions and some read() functions for
this. Again make them public member functions of the appropriate
class.

>A the code for the menu is available @
>
>http://hometown.aol.com/gomerpyl3/myhomepage/index.html

If your code is worth reading then it is worth cutting and pasting it
into your post here.

>#include <iostream.h>
This is deprecated, use <iostream> (no ".h")

>void main(void)
main *always* returns int. Your compiler should have rejected this.
(void) is unneccessary and often considered bad style.
Change to "int main()"

You should have spaces round operators for a better layout. An
ability to indent HTML, or a quick google for a code to HTML utility
would help.

rossum

--
The Ultimate Truth is that there is no Ultimate Truth

Relevant Pages

  • =?windows-1252?Q?www=2Eelectronics=2Dmac=2Dsony=2Ecom__HP_Pavilion_TX1420US_1?= =?windows-12
    ... Product Features and Technical Details ... GB hard drive, 3 GB RAM, LightScribe dual-layer DVD drive ... WebCam provides easy video conferencing ... simultaneous computing tasks. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?http=3A=2F=2Fwww=2Eelectronicsbestseller=2Ecom__HP_Pavilion_DV?= =?windows-
    ... Product Features and Technical Details ... RAM: 2000 MB ... external DVD or music buttons to launch HP QuickPlay (which bypasses ... conferencing via VoIP and video IM chats. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors)
  • resolve mov to mp4 problem
    ... Boilsoft video converter completely supports all kinds of RMVB files as source file. ... I am trying to convert Kodak MOVs to mpeg4 for viewing on the DVD ... Video Format: MPEG-4 Visual ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • NewestShareware.com Issue #112
    ... SoftPepper 3gp VideoConverter is a simple yet smart and powerful video ... With SoftPepper 3gp Video Converter, ... You can convert all these formats for Cell phone use! ... Rip your DVD collection: Use SoftPepper 3gp Video Converter as a DVD ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: HELP needed sending video to DVD recorder
    ... I think your problem is getting the video out of the PC to the TV. ... To watch VCDs,SVCDs and DVDs it is best to use a standalone DVD Player ... set-top DVD recorder, you're stumped. ... Write-once discs are the most ...
    (rec.video.desktop)