Re: [OT] Microsoft C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 7.00

From: Claudio Puviani (puviani_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/01/04

Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 06:45:44 GMT

"Bob" <spam@spam.com> wrote
> Can anyone point me to a place where I can obtain the Microsoft C/C++
> Optimizing Compiler Version 7.00. It was distributed about 10 years
> ago on floppy diskettes.
>
> I had a valid license but accidentally threw out the diskettes when I
> cleaned up once. Now I need to install it and I therefore am looking
> to replace the diskettes.

Consider using Digital Mars C++ instead: http://www.digitalmars.com/

It's up-to-date (MSVC++ 7 had no templates, exceptions, RTTI, etc.) and handles
16-bit DOS and Windows development.

Claudio Puviani

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Booting to "non-dos" diskette
    ... On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Bob Bailin wrote: ... >> OpenServer, the emergency boot diskettes, or the diskettes from ... > just borrow the floppy drive used to create the emergency boot diskettes ... of one of those other machines and put it in this one, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Microsoft C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 7.00
    ... "Bob" wrote in message ... > ago on floppy diskettes. ... > I had a valid license but accidentally threw out the diskettes when I ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: 8570 plus SCSI hard drive info needed............
    ... I extracted the diskettes using CDTODISK (sent me by ... Bob Eager)......and put it in on top of MSDOD6.22. ... Works fine (both the batch file and the disk installation)........ ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
  • Re: Installing XP Pro
    ... I created the boot/install diskettes and attempted the install. ... diskettes to load, and selecting the partition to be loaded, I get: ... Windows XP Professional Setup ... Remake the floppy diskettes. ...