Re: Design Patterns for C++ Object Serialization/Deserialization?

From: Universe (universe_at_tAkEcovadOuT.net)
Date: 05/27/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:57:52 -0400

"Michael D. Borghardt" <michael@borghardtConsulting.net> wrote:

> Hi try www.boost.org.
>
> I believe they have a working library.

*1* example of the EXTENSIVE REUSE that many of the XP naysayers are
either ignorant of, pathologically can't accept because it conflicts
with their nickel and dime, baby step test driven mythological safe
zone, and or opportunistically deny for $$$ and fame, "I'm the
alternative" reasons.

"Welcome to Boost.org!

The Boost web site provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source
libraries. The emphasis is on libraries which work well with the C++
Standard Library. The libraries are intended to be widely useful, and
are in regular use by thousands of programmers across a broad spectrum
of applications.

A further goal is to establish "existing practice" and provide
reference implementations so that Boost libraries are suitable for
eventual standardization. Ten Boost libraries will be included in the
C++ Standards Committee's upcoming C++ Standard Library Technical
Report as a step toward becoming part of a future C++ Standard.

Although Boost was begun by members of the C++ Standards Committee
Library Working Group, participation has expanded to include thousands
programmers from the C++ community at large"

  • Re: C89, size_t, and long
    ... libraries which have useful stuff). ... So because others here can't think of a good reason to use long instead of size_t and you can't prove there is never such a reason, we must all assume there could be a good reason to not use the mechanisms provided by the standard to deal with a problem? ... If you are claiming there is a reason to avoid the mechanisms the standard provides to allow portability then it is up to *you* to prove your point, not up to others to disprove it. ... but you can hardly blame the consequences on the Standard headers. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: C89, size_t, and long
    ... libraries which have useful stuff). ... So because others here can't think of a good reason to use long instead of size_t and you can't prove there is never such a reason, we must all assume there could be a good reason to not use the mechanisms provided by the standard to deal with a problem? ... want to have standard headers included in their own headers which ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Any Clojure users here?
    ... ABCL and I've been contributing to it for a while (though since some ... from the CL standard or from the Java API, ... You can use CFFI-based libraries in ABCL without ... Yes, but without a Clojure standard, it's hard to know what the "core" ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: comparing doubles for equality
    ... AFAIK there is no ANSI/ISO standard for it. ... Fortran 95 seem to have some built-in operators but it's not clear ... LIA,GIA,ICE libraries for interval methods in C++ from Delisoft ... Actually I've been for quite some months proposing getting together ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: "Criticism of the C programming language ??????"
    ... "that's not in the standard, ... rewrites of the compiler. ... PH> They got all the compiler vendors to agree to a common ... or graphics libraries or threading libraries, ...
    (comp.lang.c)