Pointer to multidimensional array

From: shane (shanehird_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/03/04

Date: 3 Jun 2004 05:42:59 -0700

Ive searched a fair bit for the answer, but nothing has come up that
matches what i want to do. I'm having an issue with passing and
assigning pointers to multidimensional arrays.

The code:

/*.....*/
TCHAR msg[2][4][MAX_PATH]
func(msg);
/*.....*/

func(TCHAR *pmsg[2][4][MAX_PATH])
{
TCHAR *m_pmesg;
m_pmesg = pmsg;
}

Ive tried a few different variations but with no luck. I keep getting
the error

error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'TCHAR *[][2][260]' to 'TCHAR
*[4][2][260]'

on the line 'm_pmesg = pmsg' as well as 'func(msg)'.
I would appreciate any help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passing help would be great... maybe even tutorials?
    ... I'm currently a relative beginner in passing. ... in our club. ... One on body throws and other variations: ... Also on what I should practise ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: Has *anyone* been able to get VPN working with Linksys BEFSR41 Router??
    ... NO VPN joy - no passing of the GRE47 protocol. ... Tired older firmware too, ... with no luck at all. ... > externally it dies either when the logon screen pops up, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Upstairs
    ... John W. Kennedy wrote: ... told us that it was bad luck to say anything when passing by a graveyard or ... it was terribly bad luck to /breathe/ while passing a ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Upstairs
    ... My father once told me that the punchline of a joke was, ... teachers told us that it was bad luck to say anything when ... hold my breath while passing a graveyard. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • upgrade from msce 2000 to mcse 2003
    ... good luck. ... I failed 70-292 before passing it and i just ... seen and I thought the upgrade from NT 4.0 was reasonably ... >How many chances do I have to pass each one of the test ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)