Re: atof() and _tstof() in VC6.0

From: JoeKowalski (JoeKowalski_at_usa.com)
Date: 06/24/04

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:55:23 +0200

Sorry, made some errors in my post, here is the message again:

Hello,

i'm converting a big MFC application to support UNICODE so it can be
translated into chinese/japanese.
The application is made with visual studio 6.0 and i want to be able to
compile it with and without the _UNICODE preprocessor definition.

For this i'm using the functions provided by TCHAR.H, e.g. i'm changing all
atoi(..) commands in _ttoi(..) commands so it will suport both _UNICODE and
single byte characters. With _UNICODE defined this will result in a
_wtoi()command, without _UNICODE defined this will result in a atoi()
command.

The problem i'm having is with atof(..), TCHAR.H doesn't provide a function
for it (yet) in Visual Studio 6.0 which supports both UNICODE and
non-UNICODE. In Visual Studio 7.x the function _tstof(..) does this which
is also
defined in the TCHAR.H file.

Do i need to upgrade to Visual Studio 7.x or can i download some package
which upgrades the TCHAR libraries?

The commands i would like to use can be found in this MSDN section and all
start with _tst or _tt:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/
_crt_atof.2c_.atoi.2c_._atoi64.2c_.atol.asp

Regards,
Joe.
"JoeKowalski" <JoeKowalski@usa.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i'm converting a big MFC application to support UNICODE so it can be
> translated into chinese/japanese.
> The application is made with visual studio 6.0 and i want to be able to
> compile it with and without the _UNICODE preprocessor definition.
>
> For this i'm using the functions provided by TCHAR.H, e.g. i'm changing
all
> atoi(..) commands in _wtoi(..) commands so it will suport both _UNICODE
and
> single byte characters.
>
> The problem i'm having is with atof(..), TCHAR.H doesn't provide a
function
> for it (yet) in Visual Studio 6.0 which supports both UNICODE and
> non-UNICODE. In Visual Studio 7.x the function _tstof(..) does this which
> is also
> defined in the
>
> Do i need to upgrade to Visual Studio 7.x or can i download some package
> which upgrades the TCHAR libraries?
>
> The commands i would like to use can be found in this MSDN section and all
> start with _tst or _tt:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/
> _crt_atof.2c_.atoi.2c_._atoi64.2c_.atol.asp
>
> Regards,
> Joe.

Relevant Pages

  • atof() and _tstof() in VC6.0
    ... The application is made with visual studio 6.0 and i want to be able to ... compile it with and without the _UNICODE preprocessor definition. ... atoicommands in _wtoicommands so it will suport both _UNICODE and ... Do i need to upgrade to Visual Studio 7.x or can i download some package ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • atof() and _tstof() in VC6.0
    ... The application is made with visual studio 6.0 and i want to be able to ... compile it with and without the _UNICODE preprocessor definition. ... atoicommands in _wtoicommands so it will suport both _UNICODE and ... Do i need to upgrade to Visual Studio 7.x or can i download some package ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: atof() and _tstof() in VC6.0
    ... The application is made with visual studio 6.0 and i want to be able to ... compile it with and without the _UNICODE preprocessor definition. ... atoicommands in _ttoicommands so it will suport both _UNICODE and ... > Do i need to upgrade to Visual Studio 7.x or can i download some package ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Visual Studio.NET 2003 building woes .... :S
    ... Does nobody in your organization have any grasp of modern C++ and the capabilties of the various Visual Studio versions? ... Visual Studio 2005 projects eanble UNICODE by default, and a Unicode build will not run on 98/Me. ... I'm not sure if it specifies Unicode for a project converted from VC6, but if it does you can chage it back. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Missing Win64 and Unicode support
    ... Another project has moved from Delphi to Microsoft?s Visual Studio due to ... missing Win64 and Unicode support. ... This seems quite a radical move as a Win32 Delphi program can be unicode ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)