[OT] Java, C# : no need for templates?

From: crichmon (crichmon23_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/03/04

Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:39:03 GMT

Hi,

The primary programming language that I use is C++. I have done some
reading and found that neither Java or C# have templates. Is this due to
everything deriving from a common Object class? Am I incorrect in my
awareness? How do Java and C# developers replace templates in their
programs?

thanks,
crichmon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cpp Considered Harmful
    ... I agree that templates throw the IDE a curve ball. ... and code completion. ... One might argue that the same could be done with the Cpp. ... Using JBuilder, and the Java counterpart, I can fly through XML coding. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: C# and C++ Past, Present, Future :: Software Engineer
    ... i know) easy to write client/server apps, n-tier apps, etc. ... You mentioned templates... ... to be addressed with generics in version 2 of the language. ... able to blend C# and C++, getting the best out of the Java design. ...
  • Re: Off Topic: Proposal: a language showdown - not necessarily here.
    ... >> Java has templates now. ... environment across platforms which is written in C/C++. ... Most of the developers working on KDevelop are employed. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Webapps nur mit Servlets
    ... Java zu bauen, ohne Templates, JSPs oder sonstwas. ... private void doRegionList(Teamteams, MadnessWriter out) { ... REPEAT(16, "k", new Block() { ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Off Topic: Proposal: a language showdown - not necessarily here.
    ... This is an argument in favour of Java? ... Java generics are much weaker than C++ templates. ... // cannot create array of template type ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)