CPP builder 6 and MySQL with or without VCL ?

From: Lotfi (llbaghli(nospam)_at_ifrance.com)
Date: 08/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 04:18:21 +0200

Hi

I am trying to access MySQL DB with C++ Builder 6 pro,
I have Apache 2 under W2000 pro and MySQL 4

I found
http://crlab.com/mydac/
but it is not free :-(
but the trial version seems to work

I will also have a look to :
http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads

I need things simpler with no VCL
SO I found an example of :
Author: Jethro Wright, III TS : 3/ 4/1998 9:15 */
/* Date: 02/18/1998 */
/* mytest.c : do some testing of the libmySQL.DLL.... */
/* */
/* History: */
/* 02/18/1998 jw3 also sprach zarathustra.... */

it works under C++builder 6 pro in consoile mode and "C" syntax

after rebuilding the .lib .def with implib impdef in order to link them with
his C source

but If I rename its file to .CPP
and rebuild it gives lot of errors (that where warnings before) because of
the use of :
char * pszT;
and mysql DLL functions are returning a const char *

also when I include <VCL.h> file (in order to use VCL forms) then no
building is possible :-(

mysql_com.h
gives errors near :

ypedef struct st_net {
  Vio* vio;
  unsigned char *buff,*buff_end,*write_pos,*read_pos;
----->>>> my_socket fd; /* For Perl DBI/dbd */
  unsigned long max_packet,max_packet_size;

My QUESTION :
Has anybody succeded to compile C++ VCL forms with the standard libmySQL.DLL
given with MySQL

I just need to connect to MySQL DB and do some queries, but I need the full
VCL environement...

give me website or tutorial example / help :-)

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Relevant Pages

  • CPP builder 6 and MySQL with or without VCL ?
    ... I am trying to access MySQL DB with C++ Builder 6 pro, ... I need things simpler with no VCL ... Vio* vio; ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: CPP builder 6 and MySQL with or without VCL ?
    ... nor comp.lang.c++ discuss third party libraries like MySQL nor ... > I need things simpler with no VCL ... support groups, some of which even have .vcl in their names. ... but with non-standard extensions and third party libraries. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: CPP builder 6 and MySQL with or without VCL ?
    ... nor comp.lang.c++ discuss third party libraries like MySQL nor ... > I need things simpler with no VCL ... support groups, some of which even have .vcl in their names. ... but with non-standard extensions and third party libraries. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • D2005-Pro... No dbexpress+mysql support?
    ... Im using D7 pro right now, and use dbexpress + the borland mysql driver for ... waiting for D8 but theres no way Im going up to Ent just for a mysql ... we are firmly in Pro land now. ... So can you work with MySQL via dbexpress in D-2005? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: XML in IIS6
    ... PHP and MySQL run fine without problems. ... >But I can't get PHP's DOMXML and XSLT extensions to work. ... >Previously it has worked in XP Pro. ...
    (comp.lang.php)