Re: OT: gcc speed

From: Mateusz Łoskot (antispam_at_see.my.signature)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:42:11 GMT

On 8/10/2004 3:13 PM, Gernot Frisch wrote:
> I have a project developed with eVC++ 4 and then compiled it with a
> cross compiler, which makes the thing run about 20% slower. Now, the
> GCC usually is way better than the MS compilers, but I don't know
> why/how it's slower.

I haven't run gcc for Pocket PC compilations.
I run Intel C++ Compiler and unlike Intel is writting
on the Web Site, I did not experience any more speed of my
programs. May be I did't use all optimizations of Intel C++ Comp.

I noticed that Intel produces about 10% bigger exe file.

Test your programs with Intel C++ Compiler (it integrates with
eVC++), it is available for 30 days evaluation period.

Greets

--
Mateusz Łoskot
mateusz at loskot dot net