Problem passing objects between functions

twizansky_at_yahoo.com
Date: 08/18/04

Date: 18 Aug 2004 10:16:59 -0700

Hello,

I have a problem with values of object properties changing seemingly
on their own. I am completeley baffled and would appreciate any
assistance.

specifically, I have a class called eetosfermions with the follwing
constructor:

eetosfermions::eetosfermions(int id1, int id2, SUSYspectrum & ss):
     eetosparticles(id1, id2, ss, 1) { }

eetosfermions inherits from eetoapraticles which has the following
constructor:

eetosparticles::eetosparticles(int id1, int id2, SUSYspectrum & ss,
nFinal) {

       cout << ss.mN1 << endl;

}

SUSYspectrum is a class with an 'double' property called mN1.

When I run the following code:

int main () {

    SUSYspectrum S
    // initialize S

    cout << S.mN1 << endl;
    eetosfermions p(1000012, -1000012, S);

}

I recieve the follwing output:
98.2857
6.36649e-314

The value of S.mN1 has changed without me doing anything! there is no
code between the two cout commands.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thank you very much

Tommer