Re: C++ for web development?

From: Sam Holden (sholden_at_flexal.cs.usyd.edu.au)
Date: 08/19/04

Date: 19 Aug 2004 05:29:35 GMT

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:22:52 GMT, Robert <gripinc@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any web server which supported the use of
> c++ as a server side method for creating dynamic web pages. Is this
> viable, or should I just bite the bullet and learn a server-side
> scripting language like php?

Almost all of them do.

You can write a CGI program in almost any language. Which of course
means it has nothing to do with the C++ language and hence is off
topic, try:

comp.infosystems.www.cgi

--
Sam Holden

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fuji s602 Battery Flap
    ... don't use that sort of language to me.... ... LOL. ... bite the bullet and have it serviced. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: a relational database done in forth would r0ck
    ... Forth group implemented a smart card with an embedded web server in Forth - ... you stated they changed language and added people; you stated nothing about the similarity taken in the approach. ... Most of the strategies commonly associated with Forth programmers are part of modern software development practice. ... Those who care more about results don't care about historical timelines-- they just follow these strategies and get the same results regardless of language. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: a relational database done in forth would r0ck
    ... Forth group implemented a smart card with an embedded web server in Forth - ... the web server (it was a complete rewrite - that's completely ok, ... purpose-specific software). ... another language is that people who never have seen these strategies can ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: ASP.Net - the "Big Picture"?
    ... facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? ... ASP.NET just defines a web server archtecture that allows for processing on ... You'll have to define what you mean by "native Windows features". ... developing ASP.Net "by hand" or using Visual Studio anyway? ...
  • Re: How Common Lisp sucks
    ... The indisputable point is that to get a web server up and running using Python takes substantially less effort than to get one up and running using CL. ... But these examples don't prove much about the language. ... I seldom if ever have that inclination when picking up libraries or applications written in other languages; instead, I'll put more effort into figuring out how to wring what I need out of the stuff that's already there, because modifying it is too much of a pain. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)