Re: C++ for web development?

From: David Hilsee (davidhilseenews_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:35:44 -0400

"Robert" <gripinc@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MOWUc.7747$Hi.1285@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
> I was wondering if there was any web server which supported the use of
> c++ as a server side method for creating dynamic web pages. Is this
> viable, or should I just bite the bullet and learn a server-side
> scripting language like php?

I'm sure that it is possible to write C++ CGI applications. I have seen C++
CGI code, and there are libraries to aid in C++ CGI development (e.g.
http://www.gnu.org/software/cgicc/cgicc.html). However, this is not a topic
generally discussed in comp.lang.c++. I will say that higher-level
languages like Java, Perl, Python, and PHP will probably provide more
extensive web development libraries and a larger web development community
due to their popularity amongst web developers.

--
David Hilsee

Relevant Pages

  • Re: some interesting perspectives on .NET from the other camp ...
    ... A heavy investment much more easily served by.. ... .NET is great for web development, ... the client and server (not web server) side, ... Want native support in Delphi for AMD64/EM64T? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: OT: windoze woes and full rant mode is on
    ... I will soon be undertaking a major web development effort and will use ... I DO run my own web server but it is ONLY for development and is not ... Even if they do need high capacity, that is more a matter of hardware, ... find that their browser doesn't render a certain page correctly. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • XP Pro as Web Server w/Firewall?
    ... but never done any web development. ... I want to start playing ... around and set my XP Pro machine up as a web server. ...
  • ASP.NET and web server help
    ... I have a question about .NET compatible web server. ... change our web development to ASP.NET from ASP. ... the same web server set up we used for our ASP development. ...