Creating myclass::iterator type?

From: John Smith (john.smith_at_x-formation.com)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:46:29 +0200

Hey

I have some code which I've been using on Microsoft VC++ for some time. Now
I wanted to port my application to Mac OS X which offers gcc and the build
fails.

Here is the troublesome code:

template<class T>
class CList
{
public:
  typedef vector<T>::iterator iterator;
};

As you can see I want to use vector iterator and make it become an iterator
type for my class so I can use CList::iterator.

Gcc however says the following:

../shared/list.h:47: warning: `std::vector<OLYLXQHQSPOQSPX,
   std::allocator<_CharT> >::iterator' is implicitly a typename
../shared/list.h:47: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please
   see the documentation for details

I wonder why this is deprecated? Does this mean it's not legal C++ ?

Thanks in advance.
-- John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Maccies miss the point
    ... You Mac haters have ... I think the primary reasons are between Jobs and IBM. ... Gcc just isn't good ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: whim configure script needs "jpeg library" -- what does that mean exactly
    ... I will probably install a new gcc as ... on the Mac it probably won't. ... mostly focused on XQuartz ... That should source the build.conf and attempt to build Whim's Tcl extensions ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: whim configure script needs "jpeg library" -- what does that mean exactly
    ... I had forgotten that I did use gcc. ... I haven't tried to build Whim yet on the Mac, ... Whim uses X11, which you can get from here: ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: whim configure script needs "jpeg library" -- what does that mean exactly
    ... I had forgotten that I did use gcc. ... I haven't tried to build Whim yet on the Mac, ... You can also build Tk from sources or perhaps via an installer, ... Whim uses X11, which you can get from here: ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: LPC900/80C51 Compiler Toolchain
    ... The reason for 2.7.2 was originally because it was a late enough revision for the 68k port to be stable and the whole suite was less cluttered by ports to other, ... Also, Tru64 unix wasn't supported as a target and some of the very late gcc and library versions wouldn't build at all, whereas earlier versions built fine. ... What gcc and open source in general have done is to make it possible for small shops. ... over open source developers - it is often easier to get restricted information from the microcontroller manufacturers. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)