use of argc and argv

From: Claudio Varini (varini_at_physik.uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:03:04 +0200

Hallo,
is the use of argc and argv to pass input parameters "object oriented"?

Or in C++ is better to use other approaches (es the command cin)?

Thanks

--
Claudio Varini
Büro: E5-113

Relevant Pages

  • SOLVED: need to call managed code from unmanaged c++ code !
    ... Public Function(ByVal argc as Int32, ... SizeParamIndex:=0)> ByVal argvas string) as Int32 ... I tried the "Public Function(ByVal argc as Int32, ByVal/byRef argv as ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Understanding char **argv
    ... char **argv looks like. ... So as to dereference what the pointer that *argv pointed to. ... but modifying argv while leaving argc alone is odd. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: passing more than one file.
    ... loop through argv[] until you hit NULL. ... message to stderr and keep going. ... int main(int argc, char *argv) { ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Code Review - is this code shit
    ... main (int) can be invoked. ... The rules for C90 are simple: in a hosted implementation, ... int main(int argc, char **argv) ... is fed 1, 2, 3 respectively below, and I guess the value to argv ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: how to fake argv?
    ... i already know what the parameters mean (argc number of params and argv ... Another way of saying it is it's a pointer to an array of pointers. ...
    (comp.lang.c)