pass pointer to a thread function ?

From: mandatory (okllsam_at_nptklooohs.ru)
Date: 03/13/05

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:48:38 +0100

hi,

i would like to pass a pointer to a thread function to a class.

The function in my code that i would like to get the address of, and pass it
to a class function is:

DWORD ServiceExecution(LPDWORD param)

And i would like to somehow send the address to a class function, similar to
this:

MyClass.ServiceExe (ServiceExecution):

Can this be done ? i have abit troubles getting it working - i remember that
i in the early years in normal C could do this fairly easy - but it has
really slipped my mind how the syntax is, and if its possible at all...

hope you can help !

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MFC thread question
    ... was not in my mind. ... But by passing 'this' you permit the static thread function to call a nonstatic member function, ... Once you are in the nonstatic member function there is no further need to use the pointer. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: verknuepfte liste umdrehen
    ... its expression in the syntax of declarations. ... several into an array, yields it from a function, or ... is a pointer to it. ... declare an integer, a pointer to an integer, a pointer to a ...
    (de.comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Why C has Pointers.
    ... Sure it is because it ain't *(arr + i). ... you look closer you will will see there is not a single pointer in my ... C syntax, even if it wasn't clear what the syntax you were using was ... (which is false according to C syntax and semantics on any ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: inline
    ... structure members regardless of their type, ... structure, it could "inline" it in the sense that it would become a compile-time constant, sometimes allowing the compiler to completely throw away whole branches of conditionals, etc. ... Are you saying that I would want to use the pointer in the structure instead of directly calling Common_Deg2Radin those cases when I do *not* want the call inlined? ... It's just a regular function with a funny name and an implicit extra parameter that needs to be passed to the function using a funny syntax that looks like the syntax of an indirect call through a pointer sitting inside the structure. ...
    (comp.std.c)
  • Re: Request for code sample re OutputCleanpoint
    ... difficultry getting the data and syntax correct: ... Second is to call the method SetProperty of this interface and three things ... The pointer to the buffer and the length of the pointer or the buffer .. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)