Re: object file

From: Jack Klein (jackklein_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 03/16/05

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:18:00 -0600

On 15 Mar 2005 18:21:39 -0800, "gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com"
<gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> Hi, All:
>
> I have an Linux object file, for example, foobar.o. Can I know which
> version
> of gcc build it?
>
> Rick

What if it was build with a COBOL compiler, and not gcc at all?

In any case, this is not a language issue, since the language doesn't
define the format of object files. Try asking in
news:comp.os.linux.development.apps or maybe somewhere in

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

  • Re: Absolute addressing on the ARM
    ... (Maybe gcc has some ... It is also planned for the C++17 standard, ... But as I said there are very many language enhancements that are easy to ... where they were useful, targeting gcc and llvm. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Epic Fail
    ... written in GCC, but GCC actually is a moving target, and therefore, he can't ... Gforth was originally written in GCC 2.4, ... define it in an official language and as ... That part is a good goal for a compiler suite; ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Third party compiler middle and back-end
    ... GCC and LLVM have very different philosophies. ... Turing equivalence guarantees that any language can be emulated in C, ... And, AFAIK, no compiler for any pure OO ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • Turn libc.so into an ld script
    ... This is the main showstopper to enable SSP ... function in the object file at compile time (contrary to only ... so GCC will add libssp_nonshared.a to the linker ... may have such broken DSO. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: a wiki entry for gfortran
    ... click on 'About -> Downloads') ... GCC is the GNU Compiler Collection, ... environment variable to the code of your preferred language. ... Install the build requirements. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)