_wcsupr () with german characters

From: Ajey (ajeydudhe_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/30/05

Date: 29 Mar 2005 22:29:05 -0800

Hi,
      I have a string which contains some german characters e.g
'Menü'. I am converting it to upper case using wcsupr (). But ü is
not converted to Ü. There are other characters too. I can use the
_wsetlocale () function before using _wcsupr (). I cannot use the
current machines locale setting. The strings have to be converted to
upper case based on the locale of the target
machine which is a SQL Server. What's the most efficient way of
converting the string to upper case considering the language specific
characters. I tried using the _wsetlocale (LC_CTYPE , L".OCP"); which
uses the OEM code page. This seems to be working. What's the difference
in OEM code page and language specific code page?

Thanks in advance

 Ajey

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Converting to upper case..
    ... you could convert on the onsubmit event. ... | the user types the characters so fast it may not work.. ... | whenever the user types lower case, the data will be converted to upper ...
  • Converting to upper case..
    ... I am converting all lower case letters to upper case when ... the user types the characters so fast it may not work.. ... whenever the user types lower case, the data will be converted to upper ...
  • Re: Converting to upper case..
    ... I am converting all lower case letters to upper case ... >> the user types the characters in the edit boxes. ... >> whenever the user types lower case, the data will be converted to upper ...
  • Re: Converting to upper case..
    ... I am converting all lower case letters to upper case when ... > the user types the characters so fast it may not work.. ... > whenever the user types lower case, the data will be converted to upper ...
  • PUTFILE returns UPPERCASE!
    ... I find that PUTFILE and GETFILE dialogs are converting the user's entered ... text into upper case. ...