Re: Classic RW

From: Chuck Stevens (charles.stevens_at_unisys.com)
Date: 09/01/04

    Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:31:48 -0700

    "Richard" <riplin@Azonic.co.nz> wrote in message
    news:217e491a.0408311505.50d920cd@posting.google.com...

    > To claim that repeatedly after it has been pointed
    > out as wrong, with documentation to support this, invites broadsides
    > of counter fire.

    Or, to allude to another thread in this forum, such claims in the light of
    the counterarguments might be regarded analogous to the claims of the Black
    Knight in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" as to the injuries he would
    inflict next. Incredulity regarding one's talents, capabilities, expertise
    or knowledge may not always be a *positive* reaction.

    Walt Kelly wrote "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
    I daresay some of us that participate in this forum would probably do well
    to heed that advice.

    William D. Blake wrote "Sometimes I suffer from delusions of adequacy." I
    daresay some of us that participate in this forum would also be well-advised
    to include such a characterization in our own inventory of our individual
    strengths and weaknesses.

        -Chuck Stevens