Re: Cobol Editor For Windows

From: JerryMouse (nospam_at_bisusa.com)
Date: 09/09/04

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:54:11 -0500

Joe Zitzelberger wrote:
> With all of the talk about editors lately, I was wondering who has
> really nice stand-alone Cobol editors. Is there something for Windows
> that offers Cobol syntax highlighting, ftp open/save, copybook
> awareness, etc that makes editing Cobol source a pleasure?
>
> I sometimes use StarBases CodeWright instead of ISPF Edit. Both are
> fine, but not great.
>
> Anyone have some great editor suggestions?

If your compiler comes with an editor they probably work together (jump to
next error, etc.).

If so, a third-party editor would have to be REALLY good to beat the editor
supplied.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: working storage values
    ... "implicit" modifications to COBOL data items. ... This started task has a loadlib with user written cobol ... Of course search is available in every text editor. ... archaicisms, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: RDz (was: Re: editting & testing COBOL code)
    ... Subject: RDz (was: Re: editting & testing COBOL code) ... I'm unfamiliar with RDz. ... Does the editor run on the PC? ... message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: editor with syntax highlighting
    ... ProgrammerStudio has a competent COBOL sensitive editor. ... > 2) As you key over items, their color changes. ... > perhaps a better COBOL definition file for vim? ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Mainframe News
    ... the ISPF editor is already 'COBOL aware'. ... You can also use just about any PC editor to seamlessly edit mainframe files; e.g. select a COBOL program from a member list and it instantly opens on a PC/workstation using a favorite workstation editor. ... When a member name appears inside another member (such as when a COBOL program calls another program or imbeds a copybook), the called program or copybook can be browsed or edited by entering a command on the command line and pointing the cursor at the called program or copybook name. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Cobol Editor For Windows
    ... > really nice stand-alone Cobol editors. ... > that offers Cobol syntax highlighting, ftp open/save, copybook ... but the creaky editor that comes with the ... it does basic syntax checking so at least your code is nearly ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)