Re: [OT] Do You Know This Man?

From: Richard (riplin_at_Azonic.co.nz)
Date: 10/01/04

Date: 30 Sep 2004 16:16:26 -0700

docdwarf@panix.com wrote in message news:<cjhb12$qpb$1@panix5.panix.com>...
> From the Secret CIO column, Information Week magazine, 27 Sep 2004 issue:
>
> --begin quoted text:
>
> (He) is one of those people who believes his opinion is truth revealed...
> He thinks his initial gut feel is the same thing as logic and insight.
> Then he comes up with all sorts of reasons as to why he's right. (He)
> calls it superior business intuition, but normally it's just a selective
> search for data to support his own predetermined point of view.'
>
> --end quoted text

That perfectly describes one side of the C++ sub-thread.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [OT] Do You Know This Man?
    ... > He thinks his initial gut feel is the same thing as logic and insight. ... > Then he comes up with all sorts of reasons as to why he's right. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Gatt - craven little shit
    ... Nor is he the only one who did, nor are Ranger the only ones who do. ... All kinds of reasons. ... bit as well during combat as those with it. ... There are many sorts of courage, and that one is every bit as good as ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Pain and Human Development/ question of ethics 4 Hawki
    ... There are all sorts of meanings to the word ... How would I know what "other" peoples reasons for doing things are. ... >>>Rosie is a decent writer when she's not engaging in troll talk. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Possible spoiler - "I married him"
    ... spouses for me, Jim, for all sorts of reasons. ... have has proved pretty much fit for purpose for almost 37 years. ...
    (alt.usage.english)