[OT] 'Obvious' is in the Mind of the Beholder

docdwarf_at_panix.com
Date: 10/22/04

Date: 22 Oct 2004 10:49:03 -0400

As some might have noticed... when words like 'obvious' or 'clarity' get
bandied about my Standard Response is 'Obvious is in the mind of the
beholder'; a few minutes back the Muse descended upon me and provided me
with the following example:

F + 1 = 10

Clearly obvious... and with obvious clarity, neh?

DD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [OT] Obvious is in the Mind of the Beholder
    ... > bandied about my Standard Response is 'Obvious is in the mind of the ... > beholder'; a few minutes back the Muse descended upon me and provided me ... Pete. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: [OT] Obvious is in the Mind of the Beholder
    ... > bandied about my Standard Response is 'Obvious is in the mind of the ... > beholder'; a few minutes back the Muse descended upon me and provided me ... because the bus stops are: ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: pretentious words
    ... It seemed from the context that "sedulously" meant ... " is the pretense totally in the mind of the beholder?" ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Kenwood TR-751A
    ... True, it is in the mind of the beholder, however, some of the ... Im certain the Ebay sellers are smiling all the way to the ... The concept of "high" is all in the mind. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.equipment)
  • Re: Teddy Bear Tyranny -- OP-ED by Anne Applebaum Washington Post
    ... they all involve European allies of the US but ... outrageous insults to Islam are probably occurring regularly ... it is all in the mind of the "beholder," or is that all in the mind of the ...
    (uk.politics.misc)