Re: COMP-? / Extension USAGEs (was: The redefines clause & comp-3

On 8-Aug-2005, "William M. Klein" <wmklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Even for USAGE Packed-Decimal and Binary, the Standard doesn't "dictate"
> exactly
> how the data is stored - only what "radix" must be used.

It's amusing that we're supposed to switch from COMP-3 to Packed-Decimal because
it sounds as though it is more standard that way, even though that is a fiction.

  • Re: Who Gets The Blame?
    ... the only card that works is to switch to a heart at trick three. ... Standard count, standard attitude..... ... let us look at the situation from east's position after trick 2: 1: a third club is not going to live. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: McCabe complexity
    ... to get a triple-nested if straight in their mind, ... This standard logic will generate a McCabe measure of at least 8. ... I've been thinking about switch statements and the McCabe metric for some time now, and I've arrived at this conclusion: Switch statements with a "clean outline structure" are allowed, even if they cause the complexity metric to go above 10. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: gfortran iso c bindings - capabilities
    ... everything necessary done using the standard bindfeatures ... different calling conventions. ... It's a bit sad, knowing the real-life ... The general idea is that the -mrtd switch can be used to force ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Need interpretation
    ... I'd think that a darn queer way for a compiler to behave, ... Note that the standard just ... In case you wonder, by the way, yes your file has an endfile record. ... depend on the specific version and switch settings. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 Daylight saving time fix
    ... completely unspecified what rules might apply to the switch between winter ... and summer (or standard and daylight saving) times. ... GMT+/-xx was defined backward and using such timezones would result ...
    (Focus-SUN)