Re: "Shared" procedure division code

In article <3lt32tF13uqsrU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Pete Dashwood <dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

><docdwarf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dd9so2$eql$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> In article <3lql6iF12jsntU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> Pete Dashwood <dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>>Thus words are symbols that allow us to share perception and 'create'
>>>reality. The danger is that the "word authority" (Dictionaries) become an
>>>end in themselves and become the dog instead of the tail (maybe that's
>>>where
>>>'dogma' comes from :-)) The tail does not wag the dog.
>>
>> The arguments of 'proscriptive versus descriptive' aside... the tail does
>> not wag the dog? Is that an absolute fact, now? In terms of Einsteinian
>> motion everything is relative, you know...
>>
>Funny you should say that, Doc...
>
>Exactly that thought occurred to me when I wrote it... :-)

Oh good... some say that self-awareness and acknowledgment are a first
step!

>For the purpose of this discussion, I let it stand...:-) (I think it is fair
>to assume that the consciousness resides in the dog and not in its tail, so
>the the dog's frame of reference is the important one here.)

I think it is fair to assume as little as possible, since assumptions can
lead to agreement and thence to facts (or so some say)... and who wants
too many of those cluttering up the landscape?

DD

  • Re: Pet Meds on-line
    ... And the worse thing is she has become an obnoxious guard dog. ... Our first lab we adopted from a family who was ... That dog would stand in the same place and wag her tail until we got in. ... >> Grr I've been trying to convince my doc I'm hypothyroid for years - now ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Tail Docking, Dew Claws On Agenda In PA
    ... House Committee Holds Firm On ... Pennsylvania Tail Docking Ban ... Dewclaw Removal Added To Animal Cruelty Bill ... The American Sporting Dog Alliance ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: Trip to Maryland
    ... urinary tract infection. ... We wrapped her tail, and while wringing ... Reka is the most beautiful Elkhound I've ever had. ... Reka is the dream dog of a lifetime for someone. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
  • Re: siren pictures for maui.
    ... Maui and Calu get slight poofs on the head and tail, ... Maui would get complete professional groomings plus the occasional hair ... groomings are $40-60 per dog for 1 time. ... I've been lusting after a standard poodle for years. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
  • Re: Tonights Dinner
    ... Tail of black dog keeps good time. ... Cat vomit hairball somewhere ... If only we had thumbs! ...
    (rec.food.cooking)